Top 10 FACTS ABOUT AUTISM!
1. Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys.
2. Autism prevalence figures are growing.
3. Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S
4. Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
5. Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases.
6. Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have Autism.
7. There is no medical detection or cure for Autism.
8. Only 56% of students with Autism finish high school.
9. 1 percent of the population of children in the U.S. ages 3-17 have an autism spectrum disorder.
10. Children who have a sibling or parent with an ASD are at a higher risk for also having an ASD.